Sunday, May 30, 2010

Visual Kei and J-Rock: Passion to be Different

Yo! =3
Here's a picture for you guys. :))
Picture taken from Mirri Music

The people in the picture above are members of Alice Nine. Please note that Alice Nine is not my topic for my research paper but they are however part of it. :))

My research paper is about Visual Kei and J-Rock. Visual Kei means Visual Style Music. J-Rock is just simply a music genre, but many people often relates Visual Kei to J-Rock. Which most of the time is true because most of J-Rock bands do have a Visual Kei Image. But Visual Kei can combine with other music genre like metal.

Visual Kei trend first started off big (according to most Visual Kei history) in the late 80's by the band X-Japan. Then they are soon followed by other Visual Kei bands. 

Getting back to my research paper, I'm doing a research on Malaysians that have the Visual Kei passion- crazy hair-dos, make-up, piercings, unique get-up- what kind of influences that Visual Kei J-Rock has on the concentrated group and also, I'm going to analyze the public perception on Visual Kei and J-Rock. 

The reason I'm doing a research on Visual Kei and J-Rock is because, it's a growing trend in Malaysia. Though its a small now but it is growing. With the cosplay of anime/manga characters, lolitas... Visual Kei is just another trend coming up in the streets of Malaysia. Plus, I have friends that actually listens to J-Rock and the way they see things around them seems a little bit different from other people around them. So, I got curious and want to know more about Visual Kei and J-Rock.

And that's basically what's my research is about. :))

**PS~ Those people in the picture are all guys. :DD

2 comments:

Jia Xin said...

SID is still the most acceptable visual kei for me XD

FqhShz said...

Lol. Jessine. xD
SID is out of the Visual Kei category. Even though they dress like one, but they are simply a band in the the J-Rock genre. If more precise, they are Visual Indie. :))

I'm still a noob in the world of Visual Kei and J-Rock... so at the moment, I'm sticking to Alice Nine and SID before venturing into the realm of The GazettE. O.O

Post a Comment