Thursday, July 1, 2010

Media and the Environment

My topic is Media in Favor of Changing Behavior towards the Environment.
The reason why i chose this topic is because these days it seems that the environment is becoming a highly publicised issue. Many events opt for the green concept, ads that are "green" are popping up alot. The frequency of these media messages made me want to find out on the effectivity of the communication. Yes, these messages were all around but do people really change as a result of it? Does it make them more aware of the situation and keen to make a difference subsequently?
Many a times I still see people waste away paper, myself included, without even sparing a second thought of the amount of trees being cut away to process these pieces of paper.Don't get me started on recycling efforts. All that trash in my household, and none of it gets categorized and sent away to recycling centres. Hence, I decided to go with this topic because I wanted to determine how impactful media messages regarding the environment are to various people. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment